Thursday, January 23, 2014

Day 9- The Routine Sets In

Today is day nine since H2 left us. I slept a good night, woke up in a fairly timely fashion, emptied the dishwasher, put my folded clean clothes away, answered a couple of work-related emails and now I'll jump in the bath and get ready for work.

The house is empty except for Sherman, Butters and Silky.

I have a picture of Butters somewhere but I can't find it. Silky does not like to have his picture taken.

Anyway, It's just us this week. I like the quiet. I'll be happy when the boys are back with me too. It will be a good routine. This weekend I'm going to finish up getting the house all organized and sorted so it feels cozy. I suppose all of this is some sort of nesting thing on my part, but it feels good.

This coffee I just made is good. And I am drinking it in my favorite mug. These are all great things.
Small, but great too.

I had a discussion with my mother, she is in her 80s and she's lived a pretty normal life, so things like what happened to me are just hard to understand. I think a lot of people are trying to understand it. I had a good discussion with someone who explained the situation well, but I can't remember what she said. I will ask her to explain that again when I talk to her next week. Like it or not, I'm going to have to come to grips with the reality. And I'm going to have to do so with dignity. It is hard to remind myself of these things because it sure is hard to have your life, which you thought was wonderful, just pulled out from under you, but this happens to people all the time and in worse ways. They survive, they do more than survive, they flourish.

Jilted Wife Recipe #1
Quick Sauteed Kale

6 to 8 cups of cleaned, cut and somewhat stemmed kale
(i bought it in a back like that because i am lazy)
4 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon of olive oil
salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
1 (ish) or maybe less tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon (or more if you want) grated parmesan cheese

In a medium high skillet, heat up olive oil, then add minced garlic and stir so it doesn't burn.
Once garlic looks a little toasty (takes about 30 seconds) add the kale.
with tongs, keep turning the Kale with the garlic (takes about two minutes)
turn off heat, finish with the balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper
serve on plate, dust with parmesan

It's good. I promise.

Five Favorite Things:
1. having all of my clothes clean and put away
2. waking up sad, but not overwhelmed with sadness
3. this cup of joe I'm enjoying
4. snow going away
5. my faithful bulldog here right near me.

No comments: