Friday, February 10, 2006

With the best of intentions, I set my alarm last night for 5:00 am. At 7:30 am I awoke to an annoyed husband, screaming kids and spilled dog food/water bowl all over the kitchen floor. Hmm. how lovely eh? Well, things quickly improved. Got the kiddies off to school in a somewhat grouchy way then off to the gym. I spent a very strenous 50 minutes on the precor machine and then to Iron Maidens. My weight lifting coach made me do 20 half lifts at 135 lbs. heavy stuff, heavy heavy stuff-- I'm getting very strong, so I would not mess with me!

Well, now after running around doing grocery shopping and over-spending at Target I'm home, showered and I plan to dive under my sea of blankets for about an hour or so before Ben gets home from school. I'm hoping it will be calm tonight at work, I'm really tired.

I HATE SNOW and we are likely to be getting several inches of it. This completely ruins my plans for bike-riding, so I guess it will be a running weekend. Oh well, it's all good. I think I will also get in some good lengthy swims. My husband tells me that we will be going to St. Petersburg in July for the G-8 and then some vacationing (no not florida, RUSSIA). So nonetheless, we will be looking for some serious childcare so we can escape away sans kiddies. It's about time my life starts picking itself up from this surburban purgatory! Looking forward to it- St. Petersburg is so beautiful, greatest of museums, architecture, restaurants etc. I like it, I like it a lot!

Well, I suppose that's all for now. I hope we don't get any snow- I hate being house bound.

FIVE FAVORITE THINGS:

1. 135 lb half lifts- going strong!!!
2. losing inches in places where I needed to
3. PIMS orange/chocolate cookies (Zonda- you are in big trouble for pointing those out to me! I ate half a pack of them today)
4. wildness in NYC in a couple of weeks
5. A hopefully tame Friday night on the news front.

No comments: