Saturday, February 18, 2006

Bliss















So here are the latest pictures from our most recent snow storm. This picture of our neighborhood park looks like a Norman Rockwell painting doesn't it? We felt like we were living that. The boys and I had a great time sledding! What a life huh? For you non and former-Eastcoasters, I'm betting these pictures make you very sad- there is really nothing that compares to this.

This week is almost over and in some ways that is a welcomed sight, but also I look back and can say it has been quite an experience. Monday was exhilarating for me. Tearing apart the mountain with 15 inches of fresh powder- I'm not sure it can get any better than that. I've had some interesting interactions with friends and family and all this certainly adds a creative bend in my road through this alleged mid-life crisis.

I will have many things to recount today when I go out for my run. It is a great time for me to think things through when I run and I've come to depend on that. It keeps me going.

I had a somewhat busy night at work and did not get home until 3:00 am. That's ok, being a little tired is certainly tolerable. Well, I wish all of you a great weekend. Be kind to yourself and others-- It's a good investment. I also think just being very straightforward about things, albeit a scary thing to do sometimes, is always the best approach.

FIVE FAVORITE THINGS TODAY

1. These pictures
2. A good long run
3. Green eyes
4. Being brave
5. Being strong

No comments: