Friday, February 24, 2006

ABSOLUTE BLISS

Okay, so I can't imagine it would get any better than this. I'm in Kalorama in a historic hotel overlooking Kalorama Circle in this amazing big bed. Cars, buses, horns, sirens -- the first peaceful nght's sleep in years (oh about 6.5 years to be exact!) Yes this is my complaint today that I don't live in my Capitol Hill house anymore.
Last night, accross the street at the "Hinkley" Hilton, I went to the National Press Foundation Awards Dinner. Go to www.Washingtonpost.com to read thearticle about the event. (Front Page of the Style Section)

Speaking of stylish, I will post pictures of this lovely gal in what I thnik was probably the best dress there as soon as they are developed.

I'm going to spend the entire morning in this big bed. I will listen to some music and then write a couple of letters. I've already enjoyed Eggs Benedict and some very strong joe. (my apls for any typos, but It's a strange setup here with this internet/TV- wireless keyboard thing. )

FIVE FAVORITE THNGS:
1. Do not disturb signs
2. do I even need to say this? THIS BIG BED
3. the sound of the city, it's in my blood.
4. several more hours of this bliss
5. waking up in this room.

No comments: