Thursday, February 09, 2006

It's been a very busy day that began at 5:00 am. I opted for going to the gym and ran on the treadmill rather than boot camp on the track. It was 26 degrees and that's just too, too cold for me.

I've been running around all day. It's my husband Tom's birthday, so the boys and I are putting together a little party and I'm making a very good dinner. I think he will be pleased.

I'm feeling a little tired today. I think it's the week catching up with me. It's been a very busy week and I'll be going into a very busy weekend. Despite this, I am still making time for my friends. I do this because it is important to have balance in my life. No matter how complicated a schedule, where there is a will there is a way. People who make excuses all the time, just don't want to make the effort.

That being said. I hope it does not snow this weekend. I have a good bit of riding I need to do and given my history of wiping out, I really don't need any kind of slippery stuff going on. I had a good session with my personal trainer today. He gets many points for A: reading and posting comments on this blog (even if some of them have to do w/how sweaty I am), and B: telling me today that it looked like I lost some more inches. Jason, you are quite the man, but don't have too much fun this weekend!

Tonight's menu:
Caesar salad
chicken Parmesan/pasta
red velvet cake/ice cream

FIVE FAVORITE THINGS:
1. Understanding and respecting the importance of friends
2. Getting through this week
3. Jack taking a very long nap
4. Another great year for Tom
5. A good chance there will be NO SNOW!

No comments: