Tuesday, February 14, 2006

SWEETEST OF DREAMS, ALPINE BLISS

ALL NIGHT LONG I had the best dreams.... that I was ripping the mountain. I could feel the crunch of snow under my feet. I'm going to have to start doing some more freelance writing to cover what is inevitably going to become an expensive skiing habit.

It's funny. I've had three horrible wipeouts on my bike, but the skiing thing went ok. I suppose I was being conservative on the slopes (ha, ha, ha)

The day is coming though, when Tom opens up the American Express bill. I'm dreading that- I'll have to sweeten him up somehow. I sense that I will be buying skis in the next day or so and also trying to book a trip out west. hmmm. hmmm. well, as I say shrouds do not have pockets.

Got up at 5:00 and was at the gym by 5:30- ran a nice fast mile on the treadmill next to a rather nice looking and rather tall man. (normally I run 10 minute miles, but I was trying to be impressive given the scenery). After that, spent some time on the elliptical machine, feeling it a bit in a my knees after yesterday's alpine bliss.

I haven't heard from a few of you in a while. I'd love to hear from you, either in this venue or through e-mail, or call too if you want.

That's all for today. Have a great day- mine has been fabulous thus far, but I'm only an hour and half into it. I can tell though, it's going to be a great day. I have an appointment with my personal trainer later today too, that should be good.

FIVE FAVORITE THINGS:

1. great dreams all night long
2. clear roads
3. schools being opened
4. being one of the lucky ones to have electricity
5. the hot shower I'm about to jump into

No comments: