Friday, February 03, 2006

I had a steak dinner last night and then passed out from it. To make up for that I was at the gym at 5:30 this morning for 110 minutes on the elliptical machine (listening to some good music on the MP3 player), then a quick 2 miles on the treadmill followed by a 6 minute warmdown on this stupid arc trainer.

I nearly died on the elliptical because I had to use the machine behind Francesca, this tiny Italian woman who I'm convinced must eat cabbage every day of her life, if you know what I mean. I've gotten a good dose of methane gas in me after that, most unpleasant. My friend Madeline and I nearly push each other down each morning trying to get the machine that is the most distant from Francesa. Needless to say, I was not quick enough this morning.

Have to work tonight and write up a couple of health stories for the Tuesday newspapers- one about whole grains and diabetes and the other about how Europeans are now getting fat from eating American-style food.

Thank you in advance for your blog quiz responses. A number of you have already finished this task and can look forward to your scoring, which has been outsourced.

FIVE FAVORITE THINGS TODAY:

1. breathing good air
2. getting in a good shower
3. chocolate/caramel power bars
4. the weather
5. benching 110 in multiple reps.

No comments: