Wednesday, February 15, 2006

SURVIVING

Ok, I have a few things to discuss today, so get a big cup of joe, sit down and relax here. First of all, I can barely live with myself. I violated one of my own rules yesterday and actually sent a friend one of those e-cards. Ugh. I am slipping. Oh well- maybe now I will start playing Dungeons and Dragons and book the next Star Trek convention, thoughts? I guess when the bulk of your communication with someone is via e-mail, an e-card is suitable. Nonetheless, I can barely live with myself- I felt sick as I hit the send button and I'm still kind of ailing over my behavior. It won't become a habit, I promise.

Ok, next subject-- JASON, You've GOT SOME SPLAINING TO DO..... I'm really, really feeling it today. My calves, my biceps, my triceps, my abs. ouch. I hobbled down the steps this morning yelling at you and I can't even say in this venue what I said- but YOU KNOW! Also, it has come to my attention that for more than TWO WEEKS I have lost no weight- exactly the same. Apparently, this is muscle gain. I have lost inches but not pounds. I would really like to lose weight too, but whatever, I can live with being the Viking warrier that I am. (ha). It was suggested to me yesterday by a friend that in a particular situation, I could be pictured wearing a Viking hat and controlling the show. (hmm, I don't think that's a compliment)

Speaking of tough women, I've found a volunteer for Kilimanjaro- my friend Mary- we are going to do some alpine training together this summer in Colorado in preparation for our plans to summit the big one- it's only the beginning too, so watch out! You all think I'm crazy, but when you read about us in Life Magazine you will understand.

With less than a month and half away for the triathlon, I feel like things are moving along nicely. Many of you have been so very generous-- Yesterday I received three donations to my website. I will thank each of you personally, but I can't tell you how much that means to me that you are backing me this way. Thank you so very much and your money is going to a great cause, Cure Autism Now. You are fabulous. Thanks.

Here is the URL for those of you who are still planning to donate, (no obligation of course) and haven't done so yet.


http://cantriathlon.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=145092&supId=113517400

No comments: