Saturday, March 08, 2014

Telling a Sad Story

I spent an evening with my good friend and I was telling her some things about my life-- some losses I've had for example, and she started crying. I felt bad to make her cry, but I also feel bad because I'm tired of having a sad life. I have been walking around with some sad stuff now for almost 30 years. It's been recommended that I let go and say goodbye to that stuff and I think that advice is probably right, but I'm not ready to.

if you read this post it will give you some context of my sadness

http://joanneinmid-lifecrisis.blogspot.com/2008/03/lot-6627.html

anyway, so here I am. Waking up early. I have a funeral today- A boyfriend of mine when I was in high school and college. He died on Feb. 28 after battling cancer for three years.

Five Favorite Things
1. an evening with a friend even though I'm not feeling so great
2. that I feel a little strong even though I'm also a bit weak
3. that I'm headed for warm weather
4. this silly bulldog happily rolling on his back next to me
5. moving forward

No comments: