Monday, March 10, 2014

Brave Girl Alone on a Bike

So my lovely Kestrel is all stowed safely on the plane. (cost me $75) It was strange getting ready for today's trip. Over the past six years I had someone who would help me get my bags in the car (today it was a lot with the big bike box and two suitcases) and then would kiss me and say "goodbye hon" - Well, none of that today. Just me. It feels sad, but I'm okay. I'm not incapable of being alone. I liked being with someone, but not a false situation like I was in, so no sense wanting that.

This girl's got bike. Heading down to Fla. for a week. The doggy is in prison for a week (poor sherman) and I'm here at this little diner in the airport I used to always order the crab cake omelet, but today- veggie burger and little side salad with decaf coffee and water. It's okay, but not as good as the crab cake omelet. But 41 lbs lighter and looking good in these low-rise jeans with my girlie curves I'm okay. I feel fortunate. I'm 50 and I'm a natural girl, no makeup- no fake boobs, just me and I feel pretty youthful. I think that comes from eating healthy food.-- no processed stuff, no meat, no dairy, all organic, no soda, no bad egg husbands :+) .-- so it's working well.

I guess this is how it will be for me. I'm alone with my two boys. It was nice for a while having a companion, but I don't have that now and I will still be moving forward. I've got a lot of stuff on my plate- an art show, a trip out to Tucson to visit and ride with an old friend, a fabulous time at the Outer Banks with my best friend and my two boys, and then my Idaho adventure. -- oh- I forgot, I'll be swimming across the Chesapeake Bay too-- My knee is doing so much better, so I'm looking forward to adding more races in the late summer and fall-- if time permits.

Five Favorite Things
1. that my iphone is pairing nicely with this computer so I can post this
2. that I'm heading to warm sunny weather
3. that I didn't cave and get the crab cake omelet
4. the waitress who has always been my waitress in this establishment. I like her
5. being okay with no one seeing me off, I'm alone but I'm okay

No comments: