Friday, March 21, 2014

Getting Biked

http://www.cyclesportmag.com/wp-content/gallery/vuelta-a-espana-2010-gallery-by-graham-watson/peloton.jpg
So I've taken some pretty big steps to get back into the cycling culture. I've got some work to do to get my bike legs back, but it's happening. (lots of work especially after a pretty bad concussion)

I've reconnected with folks in the cycling world. It's a great community and there are a lot of really strong, determined folks in that world. I'm thinking about which rides I'm going to do this summer and goals in terms of miles logged during the week. The days are longer now so anything is possible. I feel sad, but I feel like I'm moving away from the worst of it. I'm grateful for that. This whole time heals thing is true.  My head is spinning still, but not as much as it was earlier this week.

Five Favorite Things
1. connecting with really strong people
2. roasted brussels sprouts
3. a warm first day of spring with things sprouting up
4. finding that confidence in a sad heart
5. some sense of recovery from a head injury

No comments: