Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Very Tired

I just can't get up at 5:00 am lately. I am very tired. I always seem to be be wide awake around 3 a.m. and I think to myself that Ok- only a couple more hours and then I can be at the gym-- then the alarm goes off and I can barely move.

Oh well, I don't really need to be at the gym that early- it just makes the day a little easier- I will sort choir music today after I drop off Jack and then I plan to put in about 30 miles on my lovely bike-- I just got clipless pedals so I'm a bit worried I may fall on my butt-- I'll let you know- no secrets here.

I'm getting very nervous about the triathlon-- I think I'm only going to be able to do 9:30 miles- I'm pretty beat after the swimming and biking- so we shall see- I was hoping to do 8:00- 8:30 minute miles but don't see that happening-- u know what-- it's my first triathlon-- I'm going to do my best and it will only get better as I do more of them. the end.

Very encouraged that I will be doing a century bike race in October- I've almost talked a friend into doing it-- I will-- it will be fun- he and his teenage son will be doing it with me-- I think it will be fabulous- on the eastern shore- through all this farmland- it will be a beautiful day and then we can get crabs or something afterward-- doesn't get better than that eh?

FIVE FAVORITE THINGS:

1. my bike
2. this coffee i'm drinking
3. stamina
4. focussing on the prize
5. friends.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Maybe I could join you for that bike ride.... mmmmmmm, crabs.....

Don't worry about your pace -- just about finishing. Focus on one thing at a time.

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»