Wednesday, March 01, 2006

It's Swimming Time!

Okay, I'll admit I've been a bit slack on the whole swimming thing and it is indeed the first of three events in the upcoming triathlon. Today is the first day of extreme swimming training. From here on out, every day I will do at least two of the three events in my triathlon.

I plan to swim later today and then a short bike ride trailing Jack. Should be very fun and I'm looking forward to it. It is very hard to keep my goals in sight sometimes, but I will keep going on this. I dragged myself out of bed and to the gym by 5:30 this morning. I don't seem to have that spring in my step I've had. It is getting very hard to get up so early, I suppose I need more sleep.

No weight loss in a few days, but this is to be expected I suppose. My eating has been on track- lean protein, complex carbohydrates, fruit and vegetables. Oh, I did have a little chocolate a couple of days ago- very good stuff.

I suppose this is all for now. I need to get the boys ready for school. Well, actually if you have not already read this then you won't know that I am indeed editing to add this. What could be better than a little blonde-haired boy with the biggest blue eyes scratching his mother's back as she types? I've trained them well!

FIVE FAVORITE THINGS

1. dragging myself to the gym
2. spring approaching
3. cold cold water
4. a good orange
5. being strong even when you are sad.

No comments: