Saturday, March 11, 2006

MAJOR TRAINING TODAY

The weather could not be better, so today will be a big training day for me. I will start out with a 4 mile run, then I will lift weights, then I will sprint 10 miles on Red Beauty (of course) and immediately run 3 miles (the brick.)

should be very interesting.

I am now looking for a century bike race to do in early fall and I'm looking for a crazy friend to do it with me. Any volunteers? I have one very unmotivated friend in mind, but the suggestion of a race thus far was not met with any level of enthusiasm-- I will still work on that a bit.

I was very busy last night at work. The American hostage Tom Fox, a quaker and a peace activist, was found dead after being tortured in Iraq. Very sad. Also the FBI issued a warning that some extremist website was suggesting that the NCAA championships would be a great venue for suicide bombings.--great. I also ate two slices of pizza that had been sitting around the newsroom for hours-- made me feel kind of sick.

Yesterday was the second day in a row that I really had a poor diet- I need to really get back on track or this will affect my training: This is what I ate yesterday: A box of cracker jacks, powerbagel toasted with soy butter, cheese nips, 2 pickles, a small single serving size bag of potato chips, a salad with grilled chicken and balsamic vinaigraite. a stolen half of an old bagel from the refrigerator at work, 2 slices of stale veggie pizza and a hershey's bar. Very Very Bad.

I'm going to really stick to high protein and whole grains from here on out until the race and hopefully thereafter. I want to take off 15 lbs by the race, I'm hopeful I can do it and with more will power I can. I have been really lazy lately so I need to step up the pace. Please try to encourage me to do so if you think of it.- I can't afford to be lazy at this point. No alcohol, sugar or high fat foods any more -- this is it. the serious business time. My husband Tom is a good tool in helping me more disciplined. I am really depending on him for this.

FIVE FAVORITE THINGS:

1. sapphire blue skies
2. my new bike
3. a good productive evening at work
4. self discipline
5. being strong and not over-eating.

BTW-- many many thanks again to all for your donations-- I have raised more than $700 so far. You are all so very generous and I can't tell you how much that support means to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»