Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Ye flowery banks o' bonnie Doon,
How can ye blume sai fair?
How can ye chant, ye little birds,
And I sai fu' o' care?

Thou'll break my heart, thou bonnie bird,
That sings upon the bough;
Thou minds me o' the happy days,
When my fause luve was true.

Thou'll break my heart, thou bonnie bird,
That sings beside thy mate;
For sai I sat, and sai I sang,
And wist na o' my fate.

Aft hai I roved by bonnie Doon,
To see the woodbine twine,
And ilka bird sang o' its luve,
And sai did I o' mine.

Wi' lightsome heart I pu'd a rose
Frae aff its thorny tree;
But my fause luver staw my rose,
And left the thorn wi me.

Wi' lightsome heart I pu'd a rose.
Upon a morn in June;
And sai I flourished on the morn,
And sai was pu'd ere noon.

Today is Robert Burns' birthday. So a glance at Ye Flowery Banks seemed in order in celebration of the great Scottish poet. Go have some Tipsy Laird tonight for dinner in his honor!

It is very windy today and at 5:00 am I decided instead to stay tucked under my sea of blankets. Did make it to my weight lifting club and then back for a quick run and some time on the eliptical machine. Feeling a little draggy today, but that's to be expected every once in a while. I'm still quite sore all over from working with my personal trainer on Monday. I have a running boot camp tomorrow at the track at 5:30 am and then I meet again at 11:00 am with my trainer. Should be an interesting day. I will eat tofu or something tonight for dinner in preparation (no way!!)

FIVE FAVORITE THINGS TODAY:

1. my book collection
2. the guy at the gym who told me today that my husband is a lucky man (he is!)
3. Twist O' The Mist Hot Dogs, (can't get this out of my mind- i may have to drive up to Niagara Falls NY to get one)
4. forcing myself to keep going
5. an interesting assortment of friends.

No comments: