Friday, January 20, 2006

So the reality of it is we do all have our own leagues and we pretty much need to stay with the folks in our own leagues or aim higher, but you can't aim lower. IT DOES NOT WORK. Those in a league below you do not even think on the same level and it will not work. Believe me, I've exhausted myself on this issue. I don't mean to sound uncharitable, but it's just the harsh reality of it.

That being said- distractions can be a good thing and am I glad I have them, MANY OF THEM.

This southpaw just got back from running 5 miles. In a bit of an edgy mood, so I actually did this in pretty good time today. I'm glad I make the time to do this, even if it means getting up at 5:00 am, because, as I've said earlier, the only improvements we can make are to ourselves. That is the direction I am taking, albeit a bumpy road.

FIVE FAVORITE THINGS TODAY:

1. STAMINA
2. HEART RATES ABOVE 165
3. COLD WATER
4. THE BENEFITS OF EYE CONTACT or NOT MAKING EYE CONTACT
5. A QUICK DRIVE DOWN FROM NYC

HAVE A GREAT DAY! AIM HIGH OR WITH COMFORT, BUT NOT LOW!

1 comment:

Joanne Morrison said...

Left field could not be a better place! I think you've got the right idea!!.