Thursday, January 19, 2006


Ok, so I guess you have to be a little bit insane to be out on the track at 5:30 am for BOOT CAMP. I just got back and I am quite certain that I feel like I am going to die- but in a good way if that's possible. Who would have guessed that my mid-life crisis wld have manifested itself this way- It's been a good thing and you don't see me riding around in a red sportscar. (soon an orange toaster car though!!)

Ran about 2 miles, but it was all this sprinting stuff, which I am not good at. I will definitely keep at this boot camp thing, at least on Thursdays because it will improve my running time. I was pretty humbled by all the marathon runners doing circles around me, but they will be my inspiration!

If I have any energy or oxygen left, I will probably go to the gym and swim a mile or so. On Friday my very very good friend is coming down from New York, so I will be hanging with him instead of the gym- looking forward to it.

I had a busy choir practice last night. We went through music we will sing at Dorothy's funeral- it's so hard to believe that she's gone- I kept looking back for her during practice, because she used to sit behind me and we would always make eye contact and comments during practice. It did not feel the same without her. For the recessional when they carry her casket out of the Mass, we will be singing the Battle Hymn of the Republic, her family requested it and I know she loved it- I hope I can keep it together and really what a triumphant song. I will truly miss Dorothy.

Other very different issues with choir practice too, but they need to be dealt with in a different venue than this- Still scratching my head on that stuff.

FAVORITE THINGS TODAY:

1. getting out of bed for 5:30 am boot camp
2. completed and very sporty pinewood derby car
(with much less difficulty than one egghead friend of mine went through)
3. jumping in the shower
4. being straightforward with those who need to be shaken up(and u know who u are)
5. I YAM WHAT I YAM!

BE GOOD TODAY, BE KIND, BE STRONG! OH AND I DO WELCOME COMMENTS, IT'S NOT LIKE I'VE GOTTEN MANY

No comments: