Saturday, April 26, 2014

Kicked my BUTT!

This was taken at Mile 30. I thought the open field was pretty

Dexter The Bike Bulldog Would Not Pose for Me 

I took this at Mile 17 on my ride. One of the very few flat parts of the ride

The picture doesn't do justice. It was this cool 200 yr old tree

One of Maryland's Few Remaining Covered Bridges


So apparently Cecil County Maryland is not flat. I climbed over 2,000 feet on this ride. almost 36 miles. It was a hard one so early in the season. I met some friendly cyclists, most of whom were from Delaware- they said they come here for the hills. (funny that I signed up for this 50K ride b/c I thought it would be flat)

It was a beautiful ride. Bicentennial Farms, old stone-houses dating before the revolutionary war. Big open fields, cows that look at you curiously, horse farms, old tractors, clean air. All in all, a very good day but I'm beat and I'm going to take a nap now.

Five Favorite Things
1. that I am sometimes quite determined about things
2. the homeade ice cream I ate after that grueling ride
3. that I finished
4. that I did not stop at the Indian Buffet (even though i had blinkers on, blinkers off- toying with the idea)
5. this comfy bed

No comments: