Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Biking Weekend

More than 70 miles this weekend in the saddle. I can assure you I can feel it. In some unmentionable places let's just say.

I think going forward, I'm not going to do two charity rides in one weekend. It takes a lot of energy- the getting up at 5:00 am stuff to the riding a whole lot stuff.  Here are some pictures from my ride today, which was on the Eastern shore. It was flat-ish but a whole lot of wind. At times felt like I was riding into a wall.





As you can see, much of my time was spent in the middle of nowhere and it was quiet and open. It was a nice day. Although I'm beat. I'm also figuring out some things. I think today I came to a pretty big decision, one I needed to come to a while ago. More on that later

Five Favorite Things
1. that i did it!
2. pbj sandwiches out on the bike
3. indian food to top off two full days of biking
4. that the most important parts of my weekends are ones I can enjoy again and count on
5. that i will be ok. I'm strong

No comments: