Saturday, April 05, 2014

A Very Good Day

It was a really blustery day and the marina was empty

That is Gibson Island out there

Another shot of Gibson Island (from the other side of the tracks!)

1971 Grampion (30 Ft and Needs a Lot of Work)


I loved the clouds, you can see how windy it is
Today was a crazy busy day. Alarm went off at 6:00 am- up and out for a ride in Baltimore. Then on my way back, I felt inclined to get in another short ride- So I added Sligo Creek Parkway to the mix. Mileage today was 36-
Then a quick lunch in Bethesda and then off to the Annapolis area for some time with a sailboat (pictured above). This is Sillary Bay, which is right across from Gibson Island. I nearly froze my ass off and it was REALLY windy today, so I did not take too many pics for fear of going overboard or dropping my camera. Tomorrow 40 mile ride planned from Baltimore to Annapolis and back and then in the afternoon- shooting photos with one my old friends from high school out in Frederick County.

Five Favorite Things
1. thawing out after some really cold boat time
2. getting in to rides in one day (16+ for the first ride and 18+ for the second)
3. having another great ride to look forward to
4. getting a little warmer as I write this
5. sunny windy days to help a sad heart.

No comments: