Thursday, February 27, 2014

Wrestling with Two Currents

What do you do? You've got two different currents going inside and there's not a whole lot of resolve from that. Well, you do nothing. You make no rash decisions, you take small steps and you take care of yourself. That's what you do. It's not a satisfying answer. Time and lots of it is not something an impatient results-driven woman wants to hear.-- but this is the reality. Time heals.

So here I am, two months out. I'm still very much in this mess, but I've dug out a bit and I have some perspective. Do I know all the answers? Do I know where I'll be or who I'll be with a year from now? Nope. Not a clue. Does that scare me? sometimes it does and sometimes it does not.

I'm contemplating doing a white water adventure trip out in Idaho for a week. It would be done by an outfitter. I think it might be kindof fun. I've never done whitewater rafting - category IV rapids- so not lightweight. Part of me thinks it would be a fun adventure and I'd meet some fun people in the process.  Thoughts??

Five Favorite Things
1. a really good spin class
2. being inside away from this really cold weather
3. that tomorrow is Friday (kindof a good thing)
4. that I hope to bike this weekend-
5. that 1-4 came so easily

No comments: