Monday, June 26, 2006

Sound of the Waves

I don't think life could get better than this. I fell asleep early last night to the sound of the waves and that's what woke me up!

The surf is very rough today. I will get even more banged up I suppose when I finish my surfing lesson in about an hour. I've been meddling with this surfing and I rather like it. It is hard but it's very fun. I don't really have the whole attitude thing down though, that's a subject that will probably need it's own blog posting. I can tell you that pretty much surfers think everyone else is uncool-- I don't even get eye contact because a: i'm a newcomber, b: i'm using a rented board and c: i am old.

When they walk past me with their boards, they look the other way. How horrid for them, a surfing mom!

We are having a great time here at the beach. Jack is talking more and more "Mommy I go go down dere agin" he says as he runs to the edge of the water and then quickly retreats. Ben, well once we're out on the beach, we rarely talk to him-- He's out out in the water on his boogy board from morning till dusk-- We have to remind him to come out and get lunch etc. He is at home at the beach.

FIVE FAVORITE THINGS:
1. waves
2. big waves
3. this coffee I'm drinking
4. sunny weather
5. little blonde-headed boys on the beach (ben and jack)

No comments: