Sunday, June 04, 2006

SINGING BEAUTIFUL MUSIC

As simple as an aging church choir can seem, these things can be a blessing. Sometimes, week after week, people sing the same words over and over and that repetition is comforting. But when you feel like there's been some distance and you've been through some hardship, the words, the music, the spirit,, all of it are so very needed. Every word was meant for me today-- at least that is how it felt. A good thing for this woman who still has a long long path toward self-improvement.

I am still recovering from my illness, but gladly am doing much better. I may even brave a brief bike ride this evening if there is time. I don't plan on over-doing it but I think getting the blood pumping a little faster might not be such a bad thing-- I'm feeling kindof fat right now even though I've not gained any weight.

The Chesapeake Bay swim is a week away from today-- I hope we have good weather and that the water is not as rough as it was the last time I did this race. I will swim a mile and a half every day this week in training for that-- somewhat of a crash course actually.

FIVE FAVORITE THINGS:

1. feeling better
2. tomatoes finally planted!!!
3. being able to wear shorts I bought when I was in highschool
4. phad thai
5. dunno.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»