Tuesday, February 19, 2008

She paints herself






Okay, I will admit, as of late, the painting is grabbing my interest more so than the cycling- that doesn't mean i'm giving any of that up, I'm just having a bit of a renaissance right now and I'm going to go with it.

One is a very stylized self-portrait- one is beach legs (not mine clearly) and another sushi painting- more poster-like- I'm experimenting with texture, colour and depth. Painting people is really really hard, but what is interesting is that I guess I perceive myself as strong and muscular- anyway. there it is. I like it only because it was a big challenge and I need much more work but i will continue to do so.

FIVE FAVORITE THINGS:
1. really good coffee
2. hearing my little jack sing to himself while he plays
3. a good game of backgammon with my benjamin
4. thinking about my beach visit in san diego in march
5. silly ridiculous friends who like me no matter what.

No comments: