Friday, February 01, 2008

BREATHE IN THROUGH YOUR NOSE, EXHALE THROUGH YOUR MOUTH





Yesterday, It was pretty cold out but the sun was shining and the sky was so very blue and as I walked across Lafayette Square from the White House, this calm came over me as I remembered to breathe in through my nose and exhale through my mouth. This is what I do when I am powering up a big mountain on my bike and it gets me in this calm, smooth rythm, legs moving, arms relaxed, neck shoulders back straight but relaxed, breathe in, exhale out, you become part of the mountain and reaching the end becomes less of an issue. This is what I have to keep reminding myself about in life, there will always be mountains, and bumps, and challenges but you have to just get into the pace of things and if, for some chance, the best thing that happens to you in a given day is you had a great apple, or the sun warmed your face for a few moments, that is a good thing.

I think it is important to forgive, move on and share your strength with the world. I think forgiving is more a gift for the forgiver than anything else.

FIVE FAVORITE THINGS
1. getting through a really hard week
2. seared tuna in a cilantro, ginger, soy, lime marinade with fresh avocado
3. eating crunchy apple slices with peanut butter and not having a bad pain in my heart.
4. taking any challenge on
5. a full night's sleep.

No comments: