Wednesday, November 25, 2015

My Main Mode of Transport

I assembled this beauty in the 1970s when I was probably 15. I used it all through high school and college and I've managed to keep my kids from ruining it. As it turns out it's somewhat collectible so I'm likely to part ways with it for a few $$$.

I do have some good memories. I miss those days of skating. I'm taking it with me to the beach for one last little thing. I'm going to be careful though b/c I'm not at all at the same skillset. I remember for hours when I was in boarding school skateboarding on Chapman Drive and around the circle in front of Hopkins Hall. It was a good thing to go. I wish my kids were more into this sort of thing rather than losing themselves in computer games. This is the culprit for a few broken bones however. I snuck this to church b/c there was a really steep hill I went down. (crack, broken wrist)

I remember losing all the skin on my legs too- (note to self, if board is going faster than you, don't jump off b/c you will experience some serious road burn)

Five Favorite Things
1. good coffee
2. packing for the beach
3. my cameras
4. working from home
5. sunny days

No comments: