Saturday, February 21, 2015

Well-Behaved Women Rarely Make History

Laurel Thatcher Ulrich could not have made a better point than this. It is always amazing when you share this concept with women who have behaved. I envy the caution and precision of those folks who concentrate on good behavior, but I also feel for me that would have been energy poorly spent. If one's energy is directed toward repressing rather than expressing, is that time well spent?




http://www.thecommunicator.org/052013/images/magnifying-glass-bug.jpgI've been spending a lot of time over the past 14 months examining how I react to things. It truly takes a  difficult test to drive us to make such thorough examinations. I found some things about myself that needed work, but I also found some things I really liked about myself. To be sure, I haven't always fit in and I know this is because I am not such a great conformist. In younger years, this made me feel sad and a bit of an outsider at times. Now, well, I guess I embrace the fact that I don't conform so well. I think it's cool not to "behave" the way we are supposed to as women in this culture. I'm sorry today's post is a bit rambling, but I guess my point is- fXck being well-behaved!

Five Favorite Things:
1. A big pot of black beans n rice, slow-cooked to perfection
2. A day off
3. Big fat fluffy snow flakes.
4. A nice conversation with a really talented and creative photographer
5. Brunch tomorrow.

No comments: