Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A Change of Focus

It occurred to me, and to many this was probably something very obvious, but I'm spending too much energy on the wrong stuff. I've been spending the last 14 months trying to make someone who hurt me and my children feel just as bad as he made us feel, and frankly it's not likely to happen and/or I would never know how that person would feel. Most importantly, it's a bad way to spend my energy. I have a lot of things going on, most good, and that's what I will focus on.

I will accept that things happened, I could not have predicted it, but I know now a lot more about a person than I did as recently as a year ago. And this is someone I spent several years with. I will let him sort out his own demons, or not. I'm going to just really focus on moving on.

I read an interesting article today about passive aggressive men, and the final line in the article stated that in order to be in a successful relationship with a passive aggressive one must a: have really good mind-reading skills and b: have very low expectations.  That pretty much sums things up very wisely. I was trying to navigate something that just isn't possible to navigate. So we let it go.

Five Favorite Things:
1. a working car
2. a cozy house
3. 2 lovely boys
4. no candy consumed today
5. feeling less mad

No comments: