Sunday, October 12, 2008

It wasn't a pipe, but at least it was dead!

Hello all, it's been two days of hard riding. I was told I've been acting like a baby so I thought I'd try and ramp things up a bit. On Saturday we did just shy of 30 miles. mostly flat, rolling hills- and for a time I kept a nice pace, even some sprints. We ended that ride with a nice hill- Harmony Grove Road. you think you are at the top and then you turn the corner and see that it keeps going. As I am told ALL HILLS ARE GOOD. I am trying to adopt this opinion.

TODAY- hmm. well i'm really sore right now. really sore-- We did 57 miles. the first 45 were nice- a couple of decent hills but all pretty manageable. Then Jack gets this devilish look on his face and I know it's all over. We ended up going up this nasaaaaasty hill- i think it's a couple of miles- but that isn't the worst part.-- i'm riding up= barely crawling I might add but just sitting in for the climb and i see a twisted pipe thing in the road-- pretty big too- like it would do a car damage if it ran over it. -- ahh, but it wasn't a pipe (again I'm crawling by at about 5 mph) it was a HUGE HUGE SNAKE. dead= all curled up like a cork screw sideways with a big fat head- i think that thing was like three inches around- big and fat-- needless to say, my heart rate was already up to about 165- well at that point, it rose to about 185. and i kept pumping just trying to get away from that nasty thing.

He's laughing at the top of the hill, knowing i would be freaked about by the snake.

nice grueling ride back- it was only about 10 miles and graciously jack did his best to avoid the worst hills. about 2 miles from home i had a near melt down and almost started crying- again- he's got that grin on his face- telling me we're only a couple of miles away- i was completely sore in a very bad place.-- I did not wear my usual bike shorts and let's just say- i just got back from the store with some special cream b/c it is not good. Made it back-- have to say it was a great ride- except for that ridiculously large snake. i'm tired. i was planning on going running, but I can barely walk. dinner- salmon, asparagus, sweet potatoes and then berries with ginger for dinner. ahh. life is good.

FIVE FAVORITE THINGS:
1. the company that makes this special cream
2. my hair right now- really wild and wavy
3. having nearly 90 miles under my belt from this weekend.
4. maple doughnuts (i'm going to buy some tomorrow morning for the people at work)
5. lying down right now, i'm really very tired.

No comments: