Friday, February 27, 2009

Sorry, It's taken TOO long





Wow, I cannot believe I havn't posted since October of last year! Well, where to begin-- I'm loving life on the dark side (my new job) the people are great, the work is very challenging and every day brings more rewarding experience- I am lucky to be there.

I just read the Southwest Howe's website- and i'm FREAKED out-- this bikeathon???? I've been doing a BUTT A thon- sitting on my butt- my first triathlon is in mid april with another one a week later- then i have a very challenging triathlon in may- chesapeake bay swim in june, delaware flatlands century in june, nothin so far in july and then two triathlons in august- the culpeper sprint and the columbia iron girl.

i hurt my shoulder ice skating in january and still cannot lift my left arm-- so it may come as no surprise that i havnt lifted wieghts since january- and my jellyfish body is proof of it!!!

i have been riding a little bit- but not every day- i've been running more on the treadmill and spnning a few times a week and i get out on the bike at least once a week-- these complaints about being cold in Tucson- that's baby talk-- I have been riding in 20 degree weather- I just keep layering up- and eventually with all the bike spandex etc i look like something out of a star wars movie- (with a big butt of course!)

anyway- all is good- i have some photos to post and i will over the next few days.

Five favorite things:

1. today being friday
2. this faithful tie-died shirt that doesn't even remotely match the red plaid pajama pants i'm wearing
3. my new comforter
4. takiing on new tasks
5. it's all good!

No comments: