Sunday, October 05, 2008

Fleeing of the Yams:Spud Finishes

75 to 80 miles of mostly single track mountain bike rides.- No not me! This insane man who can barely move today. I am inspired to start into this whole mountain bike thing, but I have to deal with the wildlife issue-- I REALLY DO NOT LIKE WILDLIFE OF THE SLITHERY TYPE!!! Even so, something about all the cuts and bruises makes me think this might be something I need to get into. Although I keep getting lectures about needing to get my heart rate up- It will get up.

The sun is shining brigher than ever today. I am going to get out and do a nice ride with a few hills involved. Can't wait. And yes, my heart rate will indeed get up and it will be a bugs in the teeth ride because this smile has been planted on my face for a while. It's all good. And I do have a little secret reward for my efforts. I have to admit, as of late it feels like the sun is shining all the time. This is my favorite time of year.

Five favorite things:
1. the couple of hours of sleep I had (could have used a bit more!)
2. this song I'm listening to on my MP3 player
3. being stronger and likely very much faster than this insane biker.
4. the view i'm looking at right now
5. I could just keep going.

No comments: