Tuesday, November 21, 2006

SPINNING AND MARTINIS

Life was looking very rosy after having the perfect martini. I was waiting for my takeout dinner at this local independent restaurant, which makes a perfect Argentinian-style steak with chimi churi. I met actually a very lovely woman who works for the National Cathedral, sitting there drinking a much more drab glass of white wine.

To offset my gin indulgence I was up at 5:30 and at the gym for a spinning class. It was the first I've taken at the YMCA, as I usually do them downtown at my other gym. I rather enjoyed it and it came at a good time, because I was feeling a bit aimless about what my workout would be this morning. Yesterday I lifted weights and it will come as a relief to know that yes I am indeed still an Iron Maiden, I can bench well in excess of 100 lbs. I have this gorgeous dress I am planning to wear at Christmas time but it is sleeveless so I am keeping up with the weight-lifting.

What else, well my good friend Leslie in Tucson finished a grueling 100 mile bike race. I am so proud of her and she is indeed puttting me to shame with all this.

Please give me a bit of a pat on the back because for more than a week now I have been drinking soy milk in my coffee instead of cream. This may seem like a small thing, but it is a huge thing actually.

FIVE FAVORITE THINGS:
1. soy milk in coffee (kind of)
2. finishing spin class
3. a good martini
4. a good friend with whom I can enjoy that martini
5. not eating the dark chocolate/pecan/caramel/shortbread tart I brought in to work today

No comments: