Friday, November 03, 2006

DRIVING DOWN HILL



A friend gave me some poinant advice this week. "A car pointed down hill has to be driven a little further down hill before you can turn it around."

This has been a tough week. This road called life is not flat and it is indeed not smooth but progress is made all the while that I travel on it. It was a very busy week at work and also a bit humbling. I did write a very good story about the plight of the middle class and it got wide play but there were some other disappointments this week, both at work and in other areas.

Such is life. What's a tough triathlete gal to do? Well, get up, dust yourself off and keep moving. Happiness is found in strength and persistence and staying on the right path. Sometimes it is hard to keep my feet on the ground. I have the capacity to find such joy in things, perhaps too much and prematurely so, but I do-- To be able to do that is important and I am grateful for the ability to do so even if it is ill-delivered.

This weekend. Well, it didn't start off as I had hoped but it's sure going to get better. I am doing a long run tomorrow morning. The last time I felt this way I managed to run 10 miles! So yes, there is good in everything. I then have a bike racing clinic I'm doing later in the weekend. This will be a good way to see if this whole biking racing (beyond triathlons) is for me. I am looking forward to my long weekend in Florida which is coming up. It is good to find support in one's friends and I am blessed with many of them indeed.

FIVE FAVORITE THINGS

1. strength
2. good friends
3. a path that lies ahead
4. new running shoes
5. me

No comments: