Friday, October 27, 2006

INTERESTING WEEK

I made some good progress this week on many fronts. I managed to go to the gym and get some good workouts done, Met some interesting people. In particular, I had a great meeting with a source in Chinatown. I should get lots of stories out of that.

I am working the night shift here at work. I really miss doing this shift. It is very cold lately and the leaves are all turning. Our maple is a blazing red. It's nice to be reminded that everything is a cycle and that when things get difficult, that too is just part of a cycle. Anger, resentment and fear are things that add poison to one's outlook. It is best to fix things or move on from them and not hold a grudge. It is also better to take the high road and not always try to seek justice. This can be very hard to do at times, but I am going to put my best foot forward on this front.

Regarding weight loss. Nada this week. It's a slow process and I am working at it at a comfortable pace. I don't think the dark chocolate bar infused with orange that I ate tonight could have helped on this front but it sure was good. I love dark chocolate. I have a big feature story I am working on regarding the middle class. I am very excited about it and hope to make good progress in writing it tonight although I have indeed been dragging my heels. My hopes tomorrow are to go and get in a nice long run and then perhaps a 20 mile bike ride in. I have my bike racing clinic the weekend of Nov. 5 and I am looking forward to that. It will be on a velodrome track with one of those scary bikes that has no brakes. Totally excited- totally!

FIVE FAVORITE THINGS

1. making peace over the bad stuff
2. orange/dark chocolate bars
3. not eating a punch bowl full of peanut m/m s
4. source lunches in chinatown
5. just getting to this point in one piece with a smile on this face!

No comments: