Wednesday, October 11, 2006

LAST RACE





There is nothing worse than watching the clock all day long. That's what I've been doing. I was given an assignment to write up a rather technical analysis piece on the government's latest data estimates and I just can't bring myself together to finish it. I will tomorrow.It will be a fairly good story, but it has been painful to say the least.

I have one more triathlon. It's this weekend and it's in Tucson with my friend Leslie. She helped me kick off my season here doing the Cure Autism Now race with me in April and I can think of no better way to end the 2006 triathlon season than with her. I am excited because some of my family will be there to watch the race. My parents haven't really understood this whole racing thing, so they will get a good view of the excitement. I hope they enjoy the race.

I've been single-parenting this week. No problem. But I fly out on Friday morning for my race and I can't wait. My friend Leslie is planning a Saturday morning warmup ride up Mt. Lemmon. This should be very interesting to say the least-- I am pretty much a light weight compared to her.

After eating and drinking way too much this weekend I am being good this week but it's been very hard. Today for breakfast I had fresh berries, melon and coffee. For lunch I had roasted vegetables and I have no idea what I will have for dinner. Something light I think because I don't want to feel full. HOWEVER, I have been thinking about food all day.

Every 20 minutes or so I keep wandering back to the kitchen at work, hoping that the TV people have dropped off their leftovers -- cookies and other junk. No such luck. Out of desperation I even decided to have hot chocolate, but when I pushed the button on the machine, this cloudy water came out -- Oh well, no junk for me. That's a good thing I suppose.

FIVE FAVORITE THINGS:

1. the prospects of finishing this horrible analysis piece
2. leaving here before it gets cold for Tucson
3. coffee every couple of hours to keep me from eating too much
4. skinny pants that fit
5. good weight lifting session

No comments: