Friday, October 20, 2006

TUCSON TRIATHLON

It was a great race, my last for this year and I did it with my friend Leslie, who got me into these crazy races. She flew into D.C. to do my first race this past April with me, so it's only fitting that we finished off the season together.

I will post pictures when I get them. It was also an important race because my parents and my sister drove to see the race from San Diego. I am so pleased they did that. It meant a lot to me.
Leslie and I also rode up Mt. Lemmon, which is a 9000 ft elevation mountain. That was quite a climb but an amazing ride down. Words cannot explain that at all.

Today I am setting out to do more regular postings to this blog and to keep on focus. Since January I set out to share my struggles through weight loss and training for these races. At the time, I didn't really think I could do a triathlon and now with five of these races under my belt, I can tell you there is no turning back. I've come very far and I've been over some big bumps, both physically and emotionally. Nothing is a straight and easy path, but when you achieve your goals through all the hard work, it all seems worth it.

My goal over the next six months is to lose 30 pounds and I will be mapping my progress here on this blog. I welcome suggestions and words of encouragement. I am 100 lbs lighter than I was in April 2005, but I have more to lose.

FIVE FAVORITE THINGS:
1. having five triathlons under my belt
2. being able to say I survived the bad stuff
3. still walking forward with all the good stuff
4. a sunny outlook on what lies ahead
5. new commitments toward self improvement.



I

No comments: