Monday, September 25, 2006

UNBELIEVABLE!!

Today is a new start! I have been in the throws of racing season, working full time and dealing wih some other issues and I feel like I've gotten away from my true focus. It's all about improvement, discipline and feeling better exponentially. I feel like I've been a bit distant from this goal and today I am back on track and feeling wonderful.

I was at the gym this morning at 5:30 for a great run and then some leg strength work on the arc trainer. All in all a great way to start the day, then I rushed back home and made for my colleagues at work raspberry/pistachio scones. I had one, it was great and yes full of butter and cream. Life can be very rewarding this way. You gotta have a scone every once in a while.

Then, because I am recomitted to doing as much as I can to stay on track, I slipped out and went to spinning class at noon at the gym here near my office. It was just two of us in the class, which was strange but the instructor showed up. This attractive, unassuming woman with long blonde hair wearing teva sandals and baggy shorts. I'll admit I was kind of doubtful about her because she never got on the bike. Let me tell you. THAT WAS ONE OF THE HARDEST SPINNING CLASSES I HAVE TAKEN. Why, well, she's a professional bike racer.

She spent the entire time working with us on our form and we did not ease up at all throughout the class-- We had to maintain 90 cycles per minute throughout the entire thing. She gave me some great pointers throughout the class about my form and I feel like I learned so much.

After class, I talked with her and it turns out she lost 170 lbs!!!!!!!! Can you believe it? I was so excited to meet her. She lost it seven years ago when she decided to get into charity bike rides her first century being the Seagull Century (interesting huh???) Anyway, she met up with some professional racers on the Seagull Century ride and they got her into racing and she hasn't stopped.

I have all her information, because she is a personal trainer and I am thinking about taking her on this winter so I can train for the spring bike racing season-- Isn't this great???? I'm totally totally totally into this.

FIVE FAVORITE THINGS:

1. getting back on course
2. free salad in the kitchen at work
3. being strong
4. meeting people who are strong
5. a really good outlook!

KEEP RIDING ON!, KEEP GOING. GET BACK ON THAT BIKE!

No comments: