Sunday, September 24, 2006



Ode to the Muscadine

Oh but to think of you, big, firm, so very sweet
and not here for too long it seems.
One brief taste sits on these lips,
but forever you are on this mind.

A year of dark winter, spring rains, and summer heat
will again bring this sweetness to me.
And yes, all the while
it is indeed worth the wait.

It was a great weekend. I was busy working on Friday night, but it paid off, I have a nice clip today in the New York Times. On Saturday I had some great time with my family, well needed. And then it was a lovely and speedy bike jaunt on Sligo Creek Parkway. The scenery at the beginning of the ride was not so great but as I quickly rode off, it got much better. I hooked up with this young bike racing guy and we were talking and speeding along- It was really nice and yes, I did manage to keep up with him. His last words "How do manage to do all this?" It's easy- I love it and I have a great network of family and friends who make me very happy.

FIVE FAVORITE THINGS:

1. Muscadine Grape season
2. $200 dresses being on sale for $99
3. Iced Coffee
4. Fun weekends
5. Perspective

No comments: