Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Biking, NOT running to happiness



Okay, well in self-imposed policing of my laziness- I ran a 5K race this morning. Yuck. You will notice that my blog is titled BIKING, not Running to happiness-- there is a reason for this. I HATE RUNNING! It was very hot and I did not sleep well the night before and it was crowded. I did manage to finish although I had a very slow time 42 minutes. Usually I do these short races in about 35 minutes. It was a bit of a hilly course-- as the rule goes for every downhill, there's an uphill.

I did run into my friend Madeline, which was nice. I'm beginning to feel like I do all these races alone. (well, that's not true, Mary did the century with me) At any rate, I've got that triathlon in the Shenandoah mountains coming up-- August 6-- I don't know why I enlist myself for this torture. Although I have to say, finishing a race is fabulous. I have just 1.5 weeks before I go back to work full-time, the first time in 8 years. It should be very interesting. Many of my friends and family members are certain I will not be able to keep up my exercising. I will prove them wrong-- the YMCA opens at 5:30 am and I can also run at lunch.

It is stinking hot here and we are going to have a July 4th bicycle parade here in our neighborhood-- I don't know why I even bothered to take a shower today.

FIVE FAVORITE THINGS:

1. self esteem
2. finishing a race
3. Madeline
4. air conditioning
5. this cup of joe I'm drinking right now.

No comments: