Monday, May 19, 2014

2,200 miles, 234,000 feet (44 miles) 145 Days

Wow, I feel like I've been loafing around feeling sad all the time. Well, I do feel pretty sad most of the time, but I also feel happy too--
I just added up all the miles on my bike and the miles in the pool since the beginning of this year. It is the middle of May and I've nearly made it across the country on my bike- I suppose I'd be in New Mexico? I've done 44 miles in the pool too. It adds up doesn't it?
well, I know I have a good deal of progress ahead but I sure feel a lot better now than I did back in January. I remember feeling like I couldn't even move my chest it hurt so bad. I've not experienced that degree of sadness too often in my life. I feel like I am looking back at it though. I've been reminding myself since January that I'm at the bottom of a mountain, not the bottom of a well. I don't feel like I'm at the bottom anymore. I'm not at the top, but I'm definitely not at the bottom

It has been quite a journey. Here I am. Still me, still sad, but I've got 2,200 miles on the bike behind me and 234,000 feet in the pool. All that in 145 days.

Five Favorite Things
1. swimming with Jack
2. being able to tally up some pretty good stuff
3. this quiet room
4. sunny days
5. that I'm being okay.

No comments: