Saturday, April 07, 2007

SWIMMING/OLD FRIENDS

I swam a mile today at the YMCA at an easy pace, in about 40 minutes. I had the pool to myself up until my last ten laps- and I looked over and it was a friend who was a roomate of mine in 1986!

I hadn't seen her in more than five years and here we were swimming at the YMCA. Obviously a lot has changed in my life and I had much to tell. Trips to New York etc. all good stuff. It's funny, my older friends when they see me now, they see me as I was when I was in my 20s or even younger. I feel like I took a break from being me for the past ten years. It feels very good to be back.

Anyway, we will be having cosmopolitans at her place soon enough. I ride my bike nearby her house everyday on my way home from work.

We will be coloring Easter Eggs tonight. I'm going to also do some beautiful tissue paper collage and painting on some of them. I'm looking forward to it. I have been doing a lot of painting lately. I will do this as long as I can.

FIVE FAVORITE THINGS:
1. plump raisins
2. old friends
3. diversity
4. diet coke
5. a good hair day (I'm having one today!)

No comments: