Tuesday, April 04, 2006

5 DAYS!!

Ok, so only five days left! I'm toning down my workouts just a bit-- although my personal trainer informs me that on Thursday I should do a heavy workout- the last one before the race. Then on Friday and Saturday easy runs.

Last evening I did a quick 11 mile bike ride- very lovely- It was a really nice evening and now the days are longer and I'm really appreciating the opportunity to end the day with a nice ride. I tried to keep my speed at an average of 22 mph-- On the flat parts I was pretty much 24 to 26 mph and the slight inclines about 16 -18 mph. So I am getting there.

I am very nervous and excited about the race on Sunday- This has been a huge thing for me and It is only the beginning. I'm looking now for a race to do the end of June or early July and then in August I'm doing to do a track racing clinic in Pennsylvania-- I've always been interested in those track bikes (they have no brakes!!)

I did wipe out last night. I forgot to unclip my feet and toppled over. No injuries, just another bruise to the many I have all over my legs. Ragamuffin girl! Well, wish me luck and It's been a great journey, that I plan to continue even after the race.

FIVE FAVORITE THINGS:

1. being almost there
2. being strong
3. being committed
4. longer days
5. sapphire blue skies

No comments: