Saturday, December 19, 2015

A Cold December Saturday Morning

It's the last Saturday before Christmas. Am I ready? no. I'm not stressed out however. I'm actually enjoying having no agenda today, just being here with E. (He's working, but ever so calmly)
It's been a good year. Lots of new adventures, lots of new experiences, lots of repeat experiences that are beloved traditions. And lots of hope on the horizon.

It's important to accept the hard stuff. It isn't always so easy to do, but it's a good goal. I must admit I am not one for New Year's resolutions, but it occurred to me that this would be an important one-- to find happiness in the simple things. The picture in this posting is something I shot a few days ago with my phone. I see these beautiful things all the time. Sometimes it's as simple as the way the sun hits a very ordinary thing.

Five Favorite Things:
1. accepting that I am not someone who can effectively operate a serger sewing machine
2. that my attic has enough room to fit all the fleece fabric that will not be made into blankets
3. Really Good coffee
4. E, being here
5. Having a plan.

No comments: