Wednesday, September 09, 2015

The Refugee Returns

I actually feel pretty happy. I have to pinch myself a bit. I'm still carrying a bit of grief with me, but I feel happy. Who would have known? I've been experiencing some kindness over the past few weeks that's growing into something really nice. It feels strange, like I'm having my first big meal on home soil after being away as a refugee for so long.

A year ago I would not be in this place. I'm not even sure where this place is, or what direction the path will lead, but so far so good. New things help you say goodbye to old things. And they give you hope. To be sure, they don't erase the old things, but they help you put that old stuff in the right place so your path isn't blocked.

Five Favorite Things
1. that important scent I can smell
2. letting myself be happy, even if it's scary
3. that where you mend or do a repair often times ends up being the strongest part
4. being able to do this, even if its a bit scary
5. big brown eyes and the unfolding of some Sense and Sensibility stuff in its own form.

No comments: