Friday, March 13, 2015

Some Airport Thoughts

Sitting in the airport waiting to go home. Last year at this time,  I got knocked out at this very airport when a sign smacked into my head.-- nice concussion recovery thereafter (not fun)

Today, luckily I have no concussion, but I am feeling a bit sad. It's an ok sad, but it's sad. I googled how to mend a broken heart when I woke up this morning. I've actually googled that several times over the past year and there really isn't any advice other than- just get through it and don't try to get around it. So, right now, I'm in it I guess. I look forward to getting through it.

A good friend told me that a fast recovery, or very little recovery time would not really be a good sign-- It's normal to be sad. I've gotten all the answers and pretty much uncovered as much as I need to and while that process was necessary for me, the discovery was not so fun. Finding out the truth about people is necessary but it can be heart breaking. Everyone tells you when you go through things like this that it's all preparation for something better (or worse).

Well, I'm looking forward to getting home to see my kiddos and the doggy and the lazy cat and the demanding guinea pigs. I hope to put the brush to the canvas a bit and i will just keep carrying this broken heart until I don't have to.

Five Favorite Things:
1. free internet at the airport
2. just being here by myself after a busy week
3. getting through the past year and enjoying it.
4. extinguishing that hope stuff.
5. getting home.


No comments: